Left Column Top
Left Column Bottom
Volunteer for the Coast
There are many ways to help our coast and ocean. Volunteering is a great way to directly get involved.
Junior Lifeguards, East Beach, Santa Barbara
- Every year thousands of people come together to clean up California’s beaches on Coastal Cleanup Day. You, too, can participate in this great event!
- Adopt-A-Beach® and help keep it clean year-round! Join our Adopt-A-Beach® program.
- Become a Coastal Steward by pledging to take specific actions to protect our coast and ocean.
- Become a Dockwalker and educate boaters on clean and green boating practices.
- Help restore coastal habitat with the Coastal Commission's Community-Based
Habitat Restoration Program at Upper Newport Bay in Orange County.
- Become an oil spill response volunteer.
- Visit our Creeks to Coast Directory to learn about other marine, coastal, and watershed organizations in your area, many of which have volunteer opportunities.
- We have compiled a list of web-based coastal events calendars. Find out what local coastal events are occurring in your area.