Support our programs by purchasing the NEW WHALE TAIL® License Plate
Some Quick Links:
- Coastal Cleanup Day
- Boating Clean & Green Program
- Free Resources for Educators
- Upper Newport Bay Habitat Restoration
- Coastal Stewardship Pledge
- Resource Directory
Photo by Hal Beral, honorable mention in the 2013 California Ocean and Coastal Amateur Photography Contest
WHALE TAIL® Grantee Highlight:
At Stanford University, Professor William Gilly's lab not only researches the giant Humboldt squid, they ship frozen specimens of these fascinating creatures all over the country so teachers can dissect them for their students... [more]
Help support programs like this by purchasing a WHALE TAIL® License Plate today.
Read our latest newsletter
Welcome to the California Coastal Commission
Public Education Program
Giant Pacific Octopus, by Erick Villegas, 12th grade, Los Angeles, winner of 2013 Coastal Art & Poetry Contest
Explore the links above to discover our many programs and resources.
New and Notable Items:
- Learn about and help clean up debris from the March 2011 tsunami in Japan.
- View the winners of the 2013 Coastal Art & Poetry Contest!
- The 2012/2013 Whale Tail® Grants have been awarded!
- Five things you can do NOW to protect our coast and ocean
- Visit our Media Center
- Upcoming Events