Future Agenda Items
Updated June 27, 2014
The items listed below may be coming before the Commission during the next
few months. Publication of this list is provided for the purpose of
facilitating public participation in the Commission's activities and is not
required by law. The list's inclusion in this Meeting Notice also does not
constitute, nor substitute for any of the notice requirements contained in the
Coastal Act and Commission regulations. Also, please be aware that the details
of a submittal may change as staff review proceeds, and that not all
submittals of potential significance may appear on the listing below.
Energy, Ocean Resources & Federal Consistency Unit
- Caltrans High Speed Rail, LOSSAN Mass Transit. High Speed Train throughout California (south of Sacramento to the San Francisco Bay Area, the Central Valley, and southern California) with one component, which may be separate or combined with it, is LOSSAN, Passenger Rail Improvements, Los Angeles to San Diego (LOSSAN) Rail Corridor
- Morro Bay Desalination Plant. Application of City of Morro Bay to authorize use of seawater wells and a discharge pipe associated with the operation of the City's desalination plant
- SANDAG, Consistency Certification CC-0202-13 for Poinsettia Station Improvement (Run-through Track) Project, Carlsbad, San Diego County
- CD-0002-14 National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Office of National Marine Sanctuaries (ONMS) consistency determination for the expansion of the boundaries, and revised management regulations, for the Cordell Bank National Marine Sanctuary (CBNMS) and the Gulf of the Farallones National Marine Sanctuary (GFNMS), state and federal Waters Offshore San Francisco, Marin, Sonoma, and Mendocino Counties.
North Coast District
- Bower Limited Partnership Appeal. Appeals from decision of County of Mendocino granting permit with conditions to Bower Limited Partnership for construction of 285-ft. long retaining wall to connect to proposed 70-ft. long retaining wall on adjacent lot and associated drainage improvements
North Central Coast District
- State Parks Iron Rangers. Appeal of Sonoma County action denying State Parks application to install 15 Self-Pay Stations (iron rangers) along the Sonoma Coast
Central Coast District
- Grover Beach LCP Update. Application of the City of Grover Beach to update the LCP's implementation plan
- Oceano Dunes State Vehicular Recreation Area (ODSVRA) Dust Control Project. Application of State Parks to implement a dust control project at ODSVRA in southern San Luis Obispo County.
- Carmel River Lagoon Management. Application of Monterey County to manage the Carmel River Lagoon to address flooding and habitat issues in Carmel, Monterey County
South Central Coast District
- University of California, Santa Barbara LRDP Amendment No. 1-11. Request by the University of California, Santa Barbara for a comprehensive update to its Long Range Development Plan.
- Broad Beach Shoreline Protection and Sand Replenishment Project. Application of the Broad Beach Geologic Hazard Abatement District to permanently authorize a .78 mile long rock revetment, which was constructed on a temporary basis pursuant to an emergency permit action, as well as to transport 600,000 cubic yards of sand from inland sand quarry sources onto a 1.16 mile long stretch of shoreline for purposes of beach nourishment and dune habitat restoration at Broad Beach in Malibu
South Coast District
- City of Huntington Beach LCP Amendment, (Sunset Beach). City request to bring the recently annexed Sunset Beach area into the City’s certified Local Coastal Program. The amendment includes a new Specific Plan for the community that includes development standards tailored to the existing development pattern in the community
- Coastal Development Permit Application 5-13-032, Newport Banning Ranch. Proposing to develop approximately 400 acre site including consolidation of existing oil production facilities, contaminated soil remediation, grading, land division, bluff stabilization, new road network, 1,375 residential units, 75,000 square feet of commercial space, 75 unit resort inn, 52 acres of parks, public trails, and habitat restoration and preservation
San Diego Coast District
- North Coast Corridor/Interstate 5 Public Works Plan (Caltrans and SANDAG). 40 year program of rail, highway, transit, bicycle, pedestrian and coastal resource improvements that span 27 miles of the Northern San Diego County coastal zone from La Jolla north to Oceanside
- Appeal No. A-6-CII-10-043 – Goetz Seawall. Appeal from decision of City of Carlsbad granting a follow-up coastal development permit/emergency permit for the construction of a 97' long and 17-24' high, colored and textured seawall on the public beach fronting two single family homes in Carlsbad adjacent to public accessway
- City of San Diego Children's Pool CDP and LCPA. Application of the City of San Diego to amend the La Jolla Community Plan (certified LUP) and request a consolidated cdp to limit beach access on a seasonal basis at Children's Pool Beach, La Jolla during the seal pupping season from December 15 to May 15 each year