Future Agenda Items
Updated October 31, 2014
The items listed below may be coming before the Commission during the next
few months. Publication of this list is provided for the purpose of
facilitating public participation in the Commission's activities and is not
required by law. The list's inclusion in this Meeting Notice also does not
constitute, nor substitute for any of the notice requirements contained in the
Coastal Act and Commission regulations. Also, please be aware that the details
of a submittal may change as staff review proceeds, and that not all
submittals of potential significance may appear on the listing below.
Energy, Ocean Resources & Federal Consistency Unit
- Morro Bay Desalination Plant. Application of City of Morro Bay to authorize use of seawater wells and a discharge pipe associated with the operation of the City's desalination plant.
- NCTD, Consistency Certification CC-0006-14. In-water scour repair to pilings supporting the San Dieguito River Railroad Bridge 243.0, Del Mar, San Diego County.
- CD-0002-14 National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Office of National Marine Sanctuaries (ONMS) consistency determination for the expansion of the boundaries, and revised management regulations, for the Cordell Bank National Marine Sanctuary (CBNMS) and the Gulf of the Farallones National Marine Sanctuary (GFNMS), state and federal Waters Offshore San Francisco, Marin, Sonoma, and Mendocino Counties
North Coast District
- BCRAA Mitigation. Application of the Border Coast Regional Airport Association to perform wetland and ESHA mitigation work at locations near Lake Earl to mitigate for impacts of previously approved runway safety area development at the Del Norte County Regional Airport.
- HUMBOLDT SPARTINA REMOVAL. Application of the Humboldt Bay Harbor Conservation & Recreation District for the removal of invasive Spartina from tidal areas of Humboldt Bay, the Eel River Estuary, and tributary waterways using a variety of manual and mechanical techniques, Humboldt County.
North Central Coast District
- State Parks Iron Rangers. Appeal of Sonoma County action denying State Parks application to install 15 Self-Pay Stations (iron rangers) along the Sonoma Coast
- Marin County LCP Update-Implementation Plan. Request by the County of Marin to comprehensively update the Local Coastal Program's Implementation Plan
Central Coast District
- King Ventures Resort ("The Collections"). Appeal of Sand City action approving a 340-room visitor serving resort in the dunes seaward of Highway 1 in Sand City, Monterey County
- Oceano Dunes State Vehicular Recreation Area (ODSVRA) Dust Control Project. Application of State Parks to implement a dust control project at ODSVRA in southern San Luis Obispo County.
- Oceano Dunes State Vehicular Recreation Area (ODSVRA) Review. Review of the overall effectiveness of the methods being used to manage vehicle impacts in relation to coastal resources at ODSVRA as required by coastal permit 4-82-300 as amended.
South Central Coast District
- CDP Application 4-12-043 (Broad Beach Geologic Hazard Abatement District). Request for authorization of approximately 4,150-ft. long as-built, temporary rock revetment constructed pursuant to two emergency coastal development permits. In addition, the project includes implementation of a beach nourishment program for a period of 20 years involving deposition of 600,000 cu.yds. of sand on the beach from inland sand quarries during the first year and approximately 450,000 cu.yds. of sand during the tenth year of the program; periodic sand backpassing operations to occur no more than once per year, and dune habitat.
- CDP Applications 4-10-040 (Lunch Properties, LLLP), 4-10-041 (Vera Properties, LLLP), 4-10-042 (Mulryan Properties, LLLP), 4-10-044 (Ronan Properties, LLLP), 4-14-0598 (Morleigh Properties, LLLP), 4-14-1094 (Mulryan Properties LLLP, Morleigh Properties LLLP, Vera Properties LLLP, Ronan Properties LLLP, and ED West Properties LLLP). Proposing five single-family residences and associated development, access road, water line, and lot line adjustment north of Sweetwater Mesa Road in the Santa Monica Mountains, Los Angeles County.
South Coast District
- City of Huntington Beach LCP Amendment, (Sunset Beach). City request to bring the recently annexed Sunset Beach area into the City’s certified Local Coastal Program. The amendment includes a new Specific Plan for the community that includes development standards tailored to the existing development pattern in the community
- City of Newport Beach Fire Rings. Proposing to conduct a pilot program to limit fire ring fuel to charcoal-only for the 60 fire rings dispersed within the Balboa Pier area and Corona del Mar State Beach.
- Crystal Cove Historic District Phase III. Proposing the rehabilitation of 17 cottages in the North Beach area of the historic district, including installing new utilities, soil nail walls, retaining walls, tieback systems, and caisson bluff stabilization; an expansion of the check-in parking lot; reconstructing the historic boardwalk on new caisson foundation system, constructing a service pathway inland of and alongside the boardwalk
- Marina Del Rey Boat Central Dry Stack Storage. Construction of 82-foot high dry stack boat storage facility with 345-berths extending up to 97-feet into Basin H, resulting in approximately 11,600 square feet of water coverage, supported by 22 bearing piles driven approximately 60 feet below the surface of the water.
- Newport Banning Ranch. Proposing to develop approximately 400 acre site including consolidation of existing oil production facilities, contaminated soil remediation, grading, land division, bluff stabilization, new road network, 1,375 residential units, 75,000 square feet of commercial space, 75 unit resort inn, 52 acres of parks, public trails, and habitat restoration and preservation
San Diego Coast District
- Goetz Seawall. Appeal from decision of City of Carlsbad granting a follow-up coastal development permit/emergency permit for the construction of a 97' long and 17-24' high, colored and textured seawall on the public beach fronting two single family homes in Carlsbad adjacent to public accessway