Coastal Access Program: California Coastal Access Guide
The California coast, from the majestic redwoods and rocky shores in the north to the palm trees and wide, sandy beaches in the south, is an area of unsurpassed beauty and diversity.
We are pleased to announce the thoroughly revised and expanded seventh edition of the California Coastal Access Guide, an essential travel handbook for both new and seasoned visitors exploring Californias majestic 1271-mile shoreline. With the most up-to-date maps and information, it is a useful guide for all beachgoers hikers, campers, swimmers, divers, wheelchair users, joggers, boaters detailing where to go, how to get there, and what facilities and type of environment to expect.
The Guide, published by University of California Press, contains
- Information on more than 1150 public access coastal areas
- Clear descriptions of campgrounds, trails, recreation areas, transportation, and parking
- Addresses, phone numbers, web sites, transit information, and hours of use
- Information on wheelchair-accessible facilities
- Easy-to-read charts listing facilities and topographical features
- 170 updated maps providing directions and driving distances
- 15 full-color county maps
- More than 360 color photographs
Retail Price $34.95
US Press 1-800-UCBOOKS
Also contained in this handbook is extensive information on
environmental issues, updated to account for changing ecological
conditions and conservation strategies. Feature articles cover a broad
range of topics, including natural history, marine and coastal wildlife,
environmental issues, and sports and recreation.
"Nothing less than a bible . . . the guide is no doubt the most comprehensive look at California's coastline published to date."
"Wonderfully detailed maps. . . . The graphics are clean, the design so clear that the book is splendidly easy to use."
--Los Angeles Times